You are invited to experience, view or listen to our Sunday morning sermon in one of 5 ways.
1) Participate in our onsite worship service in the GYM which begins at 9:30 AM, SUNDAY at 3757 Mill Street.
2) Watch live on the church Facebook page at 9:45 AM, SUNDAY by going to: facebook.com/srcmarion
There are announcement slides and music at the start of the stream while we wait for the right time to join the service in progress. Please “like” our Facebook page for future notifications.
3) Watch the same recording later on Facebook at a time more convenient for you: facebook.com/srcmarion
4) Watch the same recording later on our newly created YouTube channel. Just type in “Second Reformed Church of Marion” when you go to youtube.com Or you can click on this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo3ZNP8OgRarSQXfqzGcn-Q
5) Listen to the audio recording and see sermon outline on our church website: sermons.srcmarion.org
Title: Sacrifices of Praise and Thanksgiving
Text: I Peter 2:1-10
Theme: God-pleasing spiritual sacrifices
- What they aren’t.
- What they ARE.
Questions for Study
In I Peter 2:4-10, what does Peter say priests’ work is?
What is the connection between Jesus Christ the Living Stone and Christians who are likened to living stones? Hint: 1:3. What entity is Peter talking about in vv. 4-5?
How do we know what spiritual sacrifices are acceptable to God through Jesus Christ? Where do we find out? E.g., Psalm 50:23; 51:17, etc.
What are some spiritual sacrifices we’re to offer up?
How are we to show forth God’s excellences in & through our lives as individual Christians and as Christ’s Church?
OT Priests served before the Lord in rotation. Are NT Christians—priests—ever off duty?