Title: Security in Jesus
Text: John 6:25-42
Theme: Jesus forever secures all who hold to Him in faith believing.
- ________________________________ persists.
- His hearers’ interest is a more comfortable “this” life, not a new one
- He reveals that He Himself is “this Bread” promised in v. 34.
- The ______________________________ preserves.
- Our text testifies Jesus eternally secures genuine believers.
- This is a word for believers who at times doubt their salvation.
- The ________________________________ persevere.
- He implies it in describing who has eternal life; whom He raises in the Last Day
- This is a two-edged word for us.
Questions for Further Reflection:
- How would you describe your response to the Bread of Life promise Jesus makes to you? What does He require of you to receive it?
- People have bodies and souls which have minds/intellects, will/decision maker, emotions. When Jesus promised those who come & believe on Him will never hunger or thirst, which of these faculties was He addressing?
- What does His relief & satisfaction of our life hungers look like?
- How much of a person’s existence does the relationship Jesus offers comprehend?