November News & Updates
Thank you for taking the time to read our monthly e-newsletter that communicates Mission news, updates, prayer requests, needs, events and success stories.
Here’s what your time, talent and treasure has helped Open Door Mission to accomplish in the month of October….
- Community Meals – 8,804
- Emergency Shelter Beds – 1,566
- Free Clothing – 1,000 lbs.
- Addiction Recovery Enrollment – 10 men
- Addiction Recovery Grad Program – 8 men
- Coldwater House Residency – 10 mothers & 16 children
- Permanent Housing Placements – 16 families (34 total individuals)
- Job Placements – 7 individuals
Volunteer Service Opportunities
If you’re looking for a team building service project for your church, school or business consider serving a hot breakfast meal at our Samaritan House Emergency & Transitional Shelter.
Visit our website and register as an individual or group today. We’ll be sure to follow up when we receive your inquiry.
- Program Aid / Case Worker (2 Part Time Positions) – One position is with our Addiction Recovery Program and one position is with at our Emergency Shelter.
- Food Service Worker (Part Time) – Prepare and serve meals alongside staff, residents and volunteers. Utilize safe food handling practices and standards in accordance with county health code.
- Driver (Part Time) – Under the supervision and direction of the Facilities Manager, safely and courteously pick up perishable and non-perishable goods from designated donors and deliver to the Mission with a cargo van. Transport students and guests to appointments and other approved events or locations as scheduled.
- Security (Part Time) – Samaritan House Emergency & Transitional Shelter is looking for a licensed candidate to fill a position for security guard.
Current Needs List
Going shopping this week? Please take a look at our current needs list and consider buying a few items from our Amazon
If you’re shopping for yourself then please consider shopping at AmazonSmile.com where a percentage of your purchasing dollars go to support the Mission.
What To Pray For
- Pray for the salvation and restoration of all those we serve with emergency shelter, food, clothes, addiction recovery, transitional housing, life skills and job readiness programs.
- Pray for peace and health to all of our staff and their families.
- Pray for the new families that just came into the Coldwater House and for those who recently moved out into their own permanent housing.
- Pray for continued success for the men who recently graduated from our addiction recovery program and for those just entering the program.
- Pray for the necessary resources to maintain our daily expenses.