The Schwaderers serve in the Canary Islands just off of Morocco. They have started a Bible New Testament Church. They work with a national pastor there. They do mass evangelism by public tract distribution, preaching, witnessing, jail ministry, nursing home ministry and other avenues as they are lead on the Island of Tenerife. They teach and make disciples of believers through personal study, group Bible studies and Bible Institute.
Old Paths Spanish Mission
PO Box 64833
- Carolee’s Corner Canary Islands October 5, 2020
Just thought we would share with you, Carolee Schwaderer’s Blog giving us a perspective of missions from a Missionary’s wife’s point of view.
http://caroleeincanaryislands.blogspot.com/Continue reading →
- The Schwaderer’s – September 2020 September 23, 2020
Doug Schwaderer Family
Missionaries to the Canary Islands
firstname.lastname@example.org / WhatsApp +34 628 570 312
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
The church is doing well in the Canary Islands as everyone is being faithful to the online services via WhatsApp. I continue to preach from here in the states but right now more are attending by video call rather than in person. Some of this is from fear of the virus, as well as for other reasons, but please pray that they would decide to be physically present in church. Juan has been coming and is growing in the Lord, for which we are grateful. I believe his sister Loli was listening with him online this past Sunday and heard some of the preaching. Pray for her salvation, as well as all of Juan’s brothers and sisters. Leo and Frank continue to take turns teaching the adult Sunday School and are doing a good job.
I have been visiting some of our supporting churches and will continue to do so while we are here. Since our return plane tickets were cancelled due to the virus, we have been seeking the Lord as to when he would have us return; and as of now we will be staying probably another two or three months in the States. I will be mainly in the states of OH, PA, NY, and surrounding areas; however if you would like me to come and give an update and/ or minister I would be glad to do so, as the Lord allows.
God has opened some doors of opportunity since I have been back. One was in a Walmart in Englewood, Ohio, where I was talking with a store attendant named “V!” I had asked God to direct me to someone to talk to about the Lord while in the store, and he did! I gave him a tract and asked him if he knew where he was going when he died. He said he didn’t know, and I was able to give him the gospel. When I was finished, I asked him if he wanted to be saved, and he said YES! He prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ to save him right there in the store!
While babysitting for five of our grandchildren in Manheim, PA, God allowed me to fill in preaching for my son in law Michael Hunt who pastors Heritage Baptist Church. A lady named Tiffany came in after the song service started and stayed for the preaching. When I asked during the message if everyone knew they had the “Light” (Jesus) in them, she shook her head “no.” At the end, I gave an invitation for salvation and she came forward! I spoke to her another 45 minutes afterwards, and she asked the Lord Jesus to save her! She has had a hard life. She just gave birth to a child and had to give it up to adoption because of her drug addiction. Please pray for her. Then, I went to the Lancaster plaza to witness on a Friday and met a young man named Israel. To make it short, I gave him the gospel on the street corner, and he ended up getting saved! Pastor Hunt is following up on him, so please pray for his Christian growth.
I preached a little message to a line of people outside a DMV store in Ohio, and afterward was walking toward my car when I ran into (divinely) a young man named Ronaldo. He stopped and listened intently and humbly for 40 minutes to the gospel! He said he never heard it before in his life! Please pray for his salvation.
We dropped Leanna off at Fairhaven Baptist College in August, and notice the new picture on our prayer letter—yes, Carolee and I are officially empty nesters and will be going to field for the first time in 38 years of marriage without children. Thank you for all you do for us, we really appreciate it!
Sincerely, Doug and Carolee SchwadererContinue reading →
- Schwaderer News – July 2020 July 25, 2020Continue reading →
- The Schwaderer News – March 2020 March 21, 2020
Doug Schwaderer Family
Missionaries to the Canary IslandsMarch 2020The Lord has graciously been blessing our church services that we currently hold at our home until we can rent a suitable location. My good friend Leo, whom I have known for ten years, has started to bring his wife and daughter to faithfully attend our church. This was an answer to prayer! Leo and I have studied and evangelized together on many occasions, and he is a great encouragement to us. He has already brought visitors to church. One of them, nineteen-year-old Gilberto, listens intently. Leo was going to bring a Cuban couple this past Sunday, but now with the coronavirus we are under an official lockdown, with the presidential mandate not to leave our houses except for emergencies, food, and medicine. Please pray for the salvation of Gilberto, and Sonia, a little eleven-year-old girl in the neighborhood who adores Leanna like a sister and spends a lot of time at our house. She has come to church twice, and I know that God is dealing with her. Pray for her parents, Domingo and Janet, to be saved as well.Gustavo, Cidini, and Oscar have all been saved recently in the prison. Juan, who is in the prison, (and our church member), is still on fire for the Lord. He is always asking for tracts and new testaments to hand out to as many as he can. He is really growing strong in the Lord, and still says he doesn’t want to leave, because he loves witnessing to everyone!Frankel obtained a job. He had been praying and looking for work for over six months; and is very happy that God has supplied his need. We used to pick him up every Sunday to come to church but now he has bought a car and has obtained all of his legal documents to stay here in Tenerife, as he immigrated from Venezuela. He and his wife Maria have been faithful to evangelize with us on Saturdays and are hungry for the word. Frankel helps with leading the music and will be filling in when we go to the states this summer for a few months for Rebekah’s college graduation, wedding, and Leanna’s high school graduation—that is, if we can actually leave the island. Much of this is still up in the air depending on the travel restrictions and limited number of flights actually leaving the island. Our tickets are for April 29th. Please pray about this for us, and that God will use this time of uncertainty to open up peoples’ hearts to receive the gospel.May the Lord richly bless all of you,The Schwaderer familyWe also received a Bible study lesson, completed by an inmate who was on suicide watch and not allowed to have a writing utensil. He tore letters from various papers/magazines/books to complete the answers. What creativity in completing the study with materials he had on hand.Continue reading →
- Schwaderer News – January 2020 January 4, 2020Happy New Year to all,“Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life” (Gen. 45:5).Juan Antonio, who was saved about six months ago, and whom I mentioned in the last letter, was sentenced to one year in prison here in Tenerife. If you remember his girlfriend abandoned him since he got saved, and Juan had a court restraining order last year which meant he could not go near her house or call her. He broke that by sending her a text message asking her to bathe their child, since she was negligent in this. She turned him in to the police and he was notified of a one-year sentence! Spanish courts are often biased against men. The good in all this is that I am able to visit Juan often during my regular twice-weekly visits to the prison, and he now has a prison ministry within the walls.He has a very good attitude about it, just as Joseph did, and is actually happy! He has been giving his testimony to many inmates and preaching the gospel. Because of his contacts, Cidini, a Canary man was saved last week, and others were witnessed to. Please pray for Romen, who listened intently as we witnessed to him for a half an hour. Juan also introduced me to Jehokim, who seems to be very interested. I will be following up on both of these men soon with God’s help. Daniel, an Englishman, was saved a few weeks ago, as well as Ramon and David, who were saved about two months ago.We are very happy to have our daughter Rebekah and her financé, David Crego, visiting with us for three weeks over the holidays. They have been eager to help evangelize with us while they are here. They both graduate from Fairhaven Baptist Bible College in May, and are getting married at our home church in Holley, NY in June. David is called to preach and to minister to those in the Muslim Religion. He will be preaching this Sunday at our church.Please pray for these people who have been witnessed to and were receptive: Miguel, Mari, Fefa, Estrella, Juan, Lupe, and Daniel, a student who called me after receiving a tract from us on a day of preaching at the University of La Laguna here in Tenerife. Continue to pray for Frankel, who immigrated from Venezuela, and recently got his Spanish nationality. He has been a blessing to our church—occasionally preaching, leading and doing special music, and his wife Maria gave a challenging devotion to our young ladies at a recent Christmas gathering. He will be overseeing the church when we travel to the USA for Rebekah and David’s wedding this spring, and needs a good job to support his family.God bless you all and thank you for your prayers and support!Doug, Carolee, Rebekah, and Leanna SchwadererContinue reading →