Title: The Tongue
Scripture: James 3 : 1-12
Theme: God holds us accountable for our words.
- Teachers/leaders bear weightier ______________ for their words
- They stand before God’s people & speak in His Name, representing Him
- Our words’ power is out of all proportion with their size.
- The terrible ____________________of sinful communications.
- Vv. 5b-6
- He references things we Christians say.
Questions for Study:
- Are our tongues followers of Christ? What does that question mean?
- Under God, of what good works is the redeemed tongue capable?
- What means does God give us to help us govern our tongues?
- What Bible book especially gives directions for godly communications?
- What is the sixth petition of the Lord’s Prayer? How can sincerely taking it (or something like it) up into our mouths as we begin the day, help us in governing our speech?
- Why is it so important for parents to train their children in godly speech habits?
- Why is a tongue problem really a heart problem?