Title: Loved and Died For
Text: Romans 5:1-11
Theme: How great is God’s love for us?
- God commended His love for us in the _________________.
- Consider the word the ESV renders “shows”, others, “commended.”
- Christ died for the ungodly.
- God commends His love for us in the _______________.
- Christ spent Himself for us lavishly & even now spends His servants’ tears, toils, cares & at times lifeblood to spread the Old, Old Story.
- What is it that drives people to do this? Why put up with this?
Questions for Further Reflection:
- You have been died for, loved even unto death by the Son of God. Have you embraced God’s love and received His Son as your own Savior & Lord?
- How is a service personnel’s death for countrymen a picture of the Gospel?
- How is it not a picture of the Gospel? Hint, Romans 5:6-8.
- What would you say to a Christian who finds the topic of God’s love in Christ to be boring?
- What might their boredom tell you regarding their view of sin, sins? Regarding how they think God views sin, sins?
- In what human context, situation, condition would a person find God’s love to be the most important and interesting subject of all?
- How has our culture cheapened the word “love”? Humanly speaking, what effect does that have on the sharing of the Gospel message?