Title: Jesus Our Intercessor
Text: Hebrews 4:14 – 5:10
Theme: God gave us a sympathetic, understanding Great High Priest.
- Jesus tenderly __________________ with us in our weaknesses.
- For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses.
- Two examples of Jesus’ sympathy with hurting people.
- He fully ________________ every temptation/test we’ll face.
- V. 15 stresses Jesus’ full acquaintance with our human hurt & struggles.
- Christian, this is your Intercessor, God’s Ear to your mouth.
Questions for Further Reflection:
- How does knowing Jesus’ nature & accomplishments help us to persevere in our Christian Faith, especially when it brings persecution? See Hebrews 4:14.
- What other provision has God made to help us persevere? See Hebrews 10:24-25.
- What aspects of Jesus’ priestly work do the following Scriptures show?
- John 10:11-18 & Hebrews 7:23-28.
- Luke 22:31-34 & John 21:15-19.
- John 17.
- Psalm 139.
- How does knowing Jesus understands you, your situation affect you?
- What does Jesus’ posture during His Ascension (Luke 24:50-51) tell you about His attitude toward you and every other believer? What should our soul’s “posture” be in response?