Title: Mom – Associate Professor of Applied Theology at Home University
Text: Deuteronomy 6:1-9
Theme: Teach your children to love God with all their being & doing.
- The Lord makes handing down the Faith to our children part of our following Him, part of our loving & _____________ Him.
- It shows the importance to Him that our children would know Him…
- Sad: some who claim faith in Christ don’t follow the Faith in this part.
- Some unique ways we bless our children when we raise them to know, love & ___________ the Lord.
- I’m reflecting on His promise to those who so live as v. 3a directs.
- The best blessing we offer our children is that they may know Him personally as loving Father, faithful Savior & forever friend.
Questions for Further Reflection:
- What are some of the very best gifts we can give our mothers or spiritual mothers to reflect our love for them and gratitude to them?
- Hint: Exodus 20:12; Proverbs 1:9; 10:1; 22:6; 23:22; 31:28; Luke 2:51; I Timothy 5:4; II Timothy 3:15.
- Is it ever too late to start training up our children to know the Lord?
- How does a consciousness we live on the edge of eternity affect our raising our children or help with our grandchildren’s upbringing?