Title: Love Sincerely, Fervently, Actively
Text: Romans 12:9-13
Theme: Let Your Christian Love be the Read Deal.
- What Love ______________ and ____________ .
- Abhor what is evil. Hold fast what is good.
- Christ’s love loves righteousness and detests evil.
- How Love _____________ to fellow Christians.
- Love one another with brotherly affection.
- Outdo one another in showing honor.
- Whom Love really ______________ .
- Do not be slothful in zeal…
- Be fervent in spirit/Spirit, service the Lord.
- When Love is under __________ .
- Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation…
- We can call home anytime: be constant in prayer
- Love reaches ____________ .
- vv. 13 paraphrased.
Questions for Further Reflection:
- Tuesday January 12, 2021 was “Quitters’ Day”. It’s the day those who measure such things say many people give up on pursuing their New Year’s resolutions, or begin to falter at keeping them. Beyond that they may give little consideration to what their resolves may take or how realistic they are, what are some reasons people give up so quickly?
- Would it help people change if their resolutions were mandatory? Why or why not?
- Genuine change is hard. What helps does God give Christians to change, to put off old sinful habits and put on new, godly ones? What or Who are the change Agents, Instruments? See Psalm 19:7-9; 119:9-11; Romans 6:12-14; Ephesians 4:20-24.
- What kind of love is Paul talking about in vv. 9-21? What is its Source? Where is it aimed? Is it mostly about feeling?
- Let love be genuine: how do the directives that follow describe what that genuine Christian love looks like in action?
- Vv. 9-21 give a really tall order to follow (easy enough to understand, but hard for Spirit filled Christians; out of reach for carnal Christians). In what way or ways should we read these verses for the greatest impact on our hearts & alteration of our lives for the better? Other than our Lord Himself, Who perfectly fulfilled these verses in His life, can you point to a Christian whose life well reflects vv. 9-13?