March News & Updates
Homeless Prevention Program Spotlight
Deborah and her two young sons were one of the first residents at the Coldwater House Women & Children’s facility when the doors opened in Aug/2018. She worked hard to obtain her driver’s license, become a leader in the Parent Leadership Institute, and pursue her goals of becoming a hairdresser. She was able to secure her own place in late Oct., but needed some assistance with the security deposit and first months’ rent. The Homeless Prevention Program helped her and her sons get into their own place, by paying her move in fees of $1,300.
Save the date for the Open Door Mission 20th Annual Golf Classic scheduled for Monday, May 18th at Midvale Country Club.
Shot Gun Start 11:00am followed by a delicious sit-down steak dinner and lots of fun with various surprise guests.
DON’T WAIT! Register as a player and or sponsor today.
Volunteer Service Opportunities
If you’re looking for a 2020 team building service project for your church, school or business consider serving a hot breakfast meal at our Samaritan House Emergency & Transitional Shelter.
Visit our website and register as an individual or group today. We’ll be sure to follow up when we receive your inquiry.
We always have a need for gently used furniture for families who we supported at Coldwater House and just recently moved into permanent housing. Can you help us? If so, call Shawn Baldwin at (585) 325-3256 of email email@example.com
Case Worker (Program Aid) – We always welcoming candidates to apply who have a background in community services or case management.
Evening Supervisor (Full Time) – Coldwater House for Women & Children. Previous experience in residential or shelter environments helpful.
Current Needs List
Going shopping this week? Please take a look at our current needs list and consider buying a few items from our Amazon
If you’re shopping for yourself then please consider shopping at AmazonSmile.com where a percentage of your purchasing dollars go to support the Mission.
What To Pray For
1. Pray for the salvation and restoration of all those we serve with emergency shelter, food, clothes, addiction recovery, transitional housing, life skills and job readiness programs.
2. Pray for peace and health to all of our staff and their families.
3. Pray for the families that just came into the Coldwater House and for those who recently moved out into their own permanent housing.
4. Pray for continued success for the men who recently graduated from our addiction recovery program and for those just entering the program.
5. Pray for the necessary resources to maintain our daily expenses.
Open Door Mission | 156 N. Plymouth Avenue, Rochester, NY 14608