October News & Updates
Thank you for taking the time to read our monthly e-newsletter that communicates Mission news, updates, prayer requests, needs, events and success stories.
“The real breakthrough came when I realized I didn’t care if I lived or died.”
Read Chuck’s story of restoration and new hope.
Congratulations to (left to right) Moses, Jim, Bill and Chuck who all celebrated with a graduation ceremony their completion of the Christian Life (Addiction) Recovery Program. We are so proud of these men who are now on the path of a much brighter future.
Volunteer Service Opportunities
If you’ve never volunteered to serve at the Mission first thing to do is visit our website and register as an individual or group. We’ll be sure to follow up when we receive your inquiry.
If you’re looking for a group project at your church or school consider collecting personal hygiene items and putting them in a zip lock bag as kits for us to distribute at our shelter.
Travel size contents include shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shaving cream and bar soap.
Current Needs List
Going shopping this week? Please take a look at our current needs list and consider buying a few items from our Amazon
If you’re shopping for yourself then please consider shopping at AmazonSmile.com where a percentage of your purchasing dollars go to support the Mission.
What to Pray for
- Pray for the salvation and restoration of all those we serve with emergency shelter, food, clothes, addiction recovery, transitional housing, life skills and job readiness programs.
- Pray for peace and health to all of our staff and their families.
- Pray for the new families that just came into the Coldwater House and for those who recently moved out into their own permanent housing.
- Pray for continued success for the men who recently graduated from our addiction recovery program and for those just entering the program.
- Pray for the necessary resources to maintain our daily expenses.