SRC Family- From time to time throughout 2019, as your pastor with a focus on church revitalization, I will be sharing resources to encourage and equip us for our work together. Here’s a video and article that will hopefully serve as a reminder for us to “Pray, Invest and Invite” in 2019. Pastor Mike
10 Reasons Church Members Don’t Invite Others to Church
- “I just don’t think about it.”
- “I’m afraid I’ll be rejected.”
- “The music isn’t that good.”
- “The preaching isn’t strong.”
- “We’ve got too many church problems right now.”
- “Our church is already too crowded.”
- “Nobody ever challenged me to invite anyone.”
- “I don’t know how to start the conversation.”
- “It’s the Spirit’s job—not mine—to bring people to church.”
- “It’s too far for people to come.”
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- When you invite someone to church with whom you have a relationship, they often will accept the invitation.
- Relationships is the number one factor for someone accepting an invitation to visit a church—not the music style.
- Introversion is no excuse to disobey the Great Commission.
- When church members invite others to church, it creates a culture of inviting and builds momentum in the church.