Summer has begun in Florida and we will be in the high 80’s for the foreseeable future. Guess we’re not quite ready for summer yet, as we are headed up north this week. We have the opportunity to visit and speak at our supporting church in Ft Wayne, Indiana this week. We’re really looking forward to sharing how God is working in Africa and reconnecting with our church family. Pray that our words and interactions would glorify God.
Praise & Prayer:
- We’re praising God that He has provided us a place to live for this next year. We have been house-sitting at AIM’s retirement center in Minneola, FL and must move mid-June. Another house has opened on the property, and we are allowed to continue to stay here. This is such an answer to prayer!
- Alanna has been hopeful that she would be bumped to full-time in her current job. After 5 months, unfortunately it hasn’t happened, so she has started applying for other jobs again. Pray that she would trust God in this process and would follow His leading. She will be leaving for Turkey a week from tomorrow to co-lead a kid’s program for TCK conference (TCK = Third Culture Kids). Pray that these kids would know they are seen and loved.
- Pray for strength and perseverance for Autumn as she has a very full month finishing up her 3rd year at SEU. This summer, she will be co-leading the oldest group of girls at Winshape’s camp in Georgia. Pray for wisdom and direction as she leads a new group of 15 girls every 2 weeks. They will spend the first week in the wilderness and the second week back at camp.
- Anissa is in the process of applying to AdventHealth University’s Occupational Therapist Assistant program. This Wednesday she writes a 2-page essay on campus, from there she will find out if she will be interviewed for a position into the program. Please pray for her as she writes the essay and waits to hear if she will make it into the program for this fall.
- Rod will be facilitating another online Coaching Skills Workshop the end of this month with missionaries and ministry leaders living across Africa. Pray that this training would be helpful in their lives and ministries.
Please continue to pray for the people of Mozambique as they start to rebuild their lives after the catastrophic cyclone that hit several weeks ago. If you would like to give towards the relief work, please click on this link: https://usgiving.aimint.org/project/famine-crisis-response Any donations received to this project over the coming months will be used to provide emergency relief, supplies, and food to Mozambicans suffering in the aftermath of Cyclone Idai. This funding will either be deployed directly by AIM through its AIM missionaries on the ground and via their local connections and/or indirectly through supporting trusted partners who are actively bringing relief to Mozambicans in need.
We are so thankful for your continued prayers and support!
Love from, Rod & Lori