Dear Praying Friends,
We’ve been back in the States for a little over 2 months. We have gone from being in cold & gray Kijabe to hot & sunny Florida; driving for 1 ½ hours for groceries to now only driving a few minutes; having limited choices to having sooo many options. We are definitely feeling some culture shock and are many times overwhelmed with life here, but we are slowly adjusting to being in the U.S. and living in Florida. As we’re starting to settle into the home we are house-sitting, church hunting and beginning to work; it will soon feel like we’re putting down roots. Pray for us as we transition to life back in the States and living for the first time in Florida.
We’re thankful for the time we’ve had with both sides of our family, and for being able to spend 10 days together as an immediate family. Goodbyes are a big part of our life, and they are never easy. It was hard to leave our dorm girls, friends and community at RVA, and we have already started the goodbyes in Florida. We said goodbye to Anissa 3 weeks ago, as she left for her 4-month stay in Costa Rica with Torch Bearers. She is attending a Bible school in San Jose which also does service, outreach, and missions to the local community and beyond. Two weeks ago, we said goodbye to Autumn as she flies to Thailand for her 3-month missions study abroad program through her college. She will be living in Bangkok, working with a missionary family, doing local outreach and learning Thai language and culture. Pray for Anissa and Autumn in their time abroad as they grow and serve the Lord where they are living. Alanna is living here with us in Florida and is currently job hunting. Please pray for wisdom and direction as Alanna looks for a job in the Orlando area, transitions to life after college, and starts to make Florida her home.
So, what are we up to in Florida?
- We are on Home Assignment (furlough) until the end of December, and then we are planning to work for AIM in Florida until 2021. We hope to see many of you in the next 3 years as we visit family, friends, churches and supporters across the US.
- We are house-sitting a couple’s house at AIM’s retirement center in Minneola, FL for the next year. We hope to find housing nearby after that.
- Rod will continue with his exact same AIM role doing training, life coaching, and leadership development with missionaries and leaders.
- Lori will be serving at AIM’s retirement center in various ways, such as office support, caregiving, and cleaning.
- We will continue to be full-time members of AIM and will need to be 100% financially supported.
Please pray for us as we grow and serve where God has planted us for the next 3 years.
If you would like to see and hear where we are living and serving, please click on this link: https://aimint.org/retirementcenter/
Thank you for your faithful prayers and support of us,
Rod and Lori, Alanna, Autumn & Anissa