Greetings from the mountainous ‘rainy’ tropics of North Wahgi!
We trust you all were able to share special times together with your loved ones on the day we remember our Savior’s greatest gift and sacrifice, Emmanuel: Our God (came to be) with us!
This year was another special time of celebrating with the believer’s here in Wahgi! What an absolute delight to see them celebrating the real reason of the season!
When asked if they wanted to gather together during the holiday, they responded by saying, “Yes, Christmas Eve and Christmas morning!” We shared in the Lord’s communion together in the evening and on Christmas morning some of the Sunday School students participated excitedly in an impromptu live nativity drama while some of the men read through the scripture portions in Matthew and Luke of the accounts of Jesus’ coming as a babe.
· Pray for wisdom and time balance, as more individuals have begun to ask about hearing the message of truth through the chronological Bible teaching! This is a good time struggle to have indeed!
We shared the remainder of the day with our ‘family’ away from home, sharing a tremendous feast and sweet fellowship. This year, the Hulleys and our family were joined by another young family, Seth & Rochelle and their two sons, who are just finishing up their field orientation by spending 6-8 weeks in a church planting tribal location to finish their National language study and get a little taste of living remotely.
It has been a wonderful few days of remembering our Lord Jesus and why He came. To Save us from our sins, so that we may be made right with Him, through His way alone.
This holiday has allowed for more daily opportunities to meet with Emily, the school teacher that Robyn has been discipling and doing an intensive Bible study with. It has been so neat to see how she is grasping His truth and has a very deep desire to follow and obey.
· Please pray for her and her family. Since the time of the Bible study beginning, they have been hit from all sides with struggle after struggle and it is very apparent to us that this is Satan’s means of trying to stop her from hearing and knowing God’s truth. Most recently, both her and her husband’s teaching positions have been threatened and it may require them to have to relocate completely. Pray that the Lord would move the mountains necessary to see her family come to a saving knowledge of His grace!
We are so thankful for you. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement and support allowing us to be your hands and feet here in North Wahgi.
To close on another really exciting note. We would like to share with you all, so that you may join us in praying for a safe and healthy baby, as Robyn is almost 9 weeks along with our fifth child! This was a beautiful surprise to our hearts as we are still grieving the loss of our precious little daughter in September. We are returning thanks to the Lord for this new life He has chosen to give us so soon. We are doing our best to celebrate and cherish each day of life that we have with him/her, for as long as the Lord gives. Though our hearts are so deeply desiring to be able to hold this little one come July 2015-and for many more years to come.
A very special gift that we were able to share with Levi’s mom, while she was here, was seeing our first ultrasound. The strong little heartbeat was a truly emotional moment as our hearts could take a deep breath of reassurance.
· Please pray for: Energy & strength for Robyn as she battles daily fatigue and nausea- all good things at this stage! J
· For a strong and healthy baby to grow safely to full term!
· For peace of mind as we wait on the Lord through this pregnancy for whatever He chooses to allow for us.
Our love and warm greetings to you during this winter season!
In His grip,
Levi, Robyn, Michael, Daniel, & Matthew